17 November 2008

More about Chess History

Continuing with Links related to my About.com material, I extracted the last articles that I classify under chess history.

The About.com material was stored using different proprietary templates. The first two articles in the above list, as well as the articles I extracted over the past two weeks, were stored using the profile template. The last three articles were stored using a less rigid format that I'll call the weekly template. The template determines the look of the extracted article, which in turn retains characteristics of the original template.

Two other About.com templates are the image gallery and tutorial templates. These are more challenging to duplicate because they are image based and require software that handles images correctly. I've been looking into available software and think I've identified a package. I'll present the results for the next post in this series.

No comments: