In last week's post, Engines, (Google), Korchnoi, I tried Google's 'Matched Content' on my most popular page:-
The results have been satisfactory, so I added the same functionality to the 25 next most popular pages, starting with these 10:-
- Improve Your Middle Game (Part 1 - Patterns)
- Top 10 Popular Chess Openings
- Chess Equipment : Chess Sets, Boards, and Clocks
- The Origin of Chess
- Positional Play : Pawn Structure
- Improve Your Middle Game (Part 2 - Combinations)
- Improve Your Middle Game (Part 3 - Plans)
- Positional Play in Chess
- Positional Play : Piece Placement and Chess Strategy
- 1844 Romantic Game; Every Move Explained
Below is an example of 'Matched Content' on one of the other 15 pages, which happens to be the most popular index page. The pages that Google suggests are entirely appropriate to the context of the index page.
'From Beginner to Advanced Beginner'
Learn to Play Chess
Note that there are eight images/links in this example. Google also offers the possibility of substituting ads for one (or more?) of these links. I'll keep this turned off for now.